Policy on the Use of Alcohol, Drugs and Related Substances
The Berwickshire High School is a Health Promoting School.
THE ETHOS OF THE SCHOOL
Three of the Key Aims of the school are to:
- Equip students with the skills for adult life
- Provide a caring environment for all students and staff
- Foster positive and responsible values and attitudes
The school will adhere to the council policy for the misuse of alcohol, drugs and related substances. In addition Berwickshire High School will promote a culture of sensible drinking through the provision of information and advice.
The following key points should be noted:
- A member of staff who suspects of knows that he/she has an alcohol, drugs or related substance problem should seek help from his/her line manager or a member of the Senior Management Team.
- The matter will be treated confidentially.
- He/she will advised to contact his/her GP and/or appropriate agency for help.
- Our Community Health Nurse is always available for advice, counselling or other support.
The following agencies will offer support:
- Community Health Nurse Tel: 01361 883373
- Borders Community Addictions Team Tel: 01896 664430
- Borderline Tel: 0800 0274466
- National Drugs Helpline Tel: 0800 776600
- Adfam (families affected by drugs) Tel: 020 72029434
- Breathing Space Tel: 0800 838587
- Occupational Health Service Tel: 01896 825982
- Alcoholics Anonymous Tel: 0845 7697555